Screen for WW Grinder

vaysethJune 28, 2010

I've had a WW Grinder Renegrade 8HP chipper shredder (Model 47017) for 15 years -- great machine! But I need a new screen, 3/4 inch holes. Mine had fatigued from use, been welded once, but is no longer repairable. Does anyone know where I might get a screen for this machine??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sounds like you'll have to have one made, for an older model machine.

    Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 3:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It appears that is the only option left. Thanks! I'll look for a machine shop.

    Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 7:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


Maybe you could post a "wanted" ad on craigslist searching for a hammer mill screen. There are tens of thousands of hammer mills sitting in the weeds or getting cut up for scrap and most of them had a variety of screens for coarser or finer grinding of feed. The most common brands are Gehl, New Holland, Bearcat, OMC, Deere, and IH. I imagine you could buy one for pretty cheap, cut out the size you need, and weld the pipe on without much cost. If the curve is wrong, you can change it up a little with an anvil and hammer.

    Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 6:30PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
Sponsored Products
'You Is Kind' Print
$22.99 | zulily
King Canopy Canopies 10 ft. W x 10 ft. D Green Garden Party Cover with screens
Home Depot
Vinotemp 6-Bottle Wall-Mount Thermoelectric Wine Cooler - VT-6TED-WB
$256.99 | Hayneedle
Black Mesh Fire Pit Screen
Grandin Road
Fusion Semi-Flush 14-Inch Two-Light Dark Bronze Round Semi-Flush Bowl
$196.20 | Bellacor
Amalia Satin Nickel Four-Light Bath Bar with Polished Platinum Moroccan Glass
$363.20 | Bellacor
Sunny Health Fitness Folding Recumbent Bike - SF-B1004
$116.62 | Hayneedle
Passport Pet Access Smart System Door
$229.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™