Where can I buy a Dwarf Korean Lilac Tree?

greenthumbstlouisJanuary 13, 2011

Does anyone know of a mail order nursery that sells Dwarf Korean Lilac Trees (Syringa meyeri Palibin)?? I have been looking for one these loving little trees for a couple of years now. I can't find one locally (St Louis Missouri) and the only mail order company that I know of is Nature Hills Nursery and I have no interest in doing business with this company again. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poaky1

I think they are shrubs if I'm not mistaken. I got one from Lowes 2 yrs back for Mothers day, my mom likes lilac scent and flowers, it hasn't bloomed yet for her though.It hasn't grown much either, she doesn't fertilize it though.Anyway, if you wait maybe your local big box store will have it in spring, or check the shrub forum.

Bookmark   January 13, 2011 at 4:56PM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

it will be tiny.. but check out the link ..

call and ask if they have larger stock for shipping ....

i note they spell it differently than you ... otherwise .. google the latin.. there are a few other options out there ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   January 14, 2011 at 9:03AM
brian_zn_5_ks(N.E. Kansas)

If you came to my nursery and asked for this plant, I would show you a Korean lilac standard, that is, the lilac grafted onto a tall stem. Known in the trade as "lilac ona stick"...

Makes a nice formal to semi-formal landscape plant, it's pleasant to have the foliage right there at nose level.

These are very common and I'm sure any decent retail nursery in St. Louis would have them. Expect to pay - oh, anywhere from $75 to $200, depending on the size of the crown. Mail order might be available, but you would start with a very very small tuft of crown.

If this is not what you have in mind - then we are back to square one!

brian

Bookmark   January 14, 2011 at 4:10PM
botann(z8 SEof Seattle)

If it's the variety called 'Miss Kim' it's available here in the Seattle area. My neighbor and I both have one. If you lived nearby I'd say "come and get it".
I'm not much of a Lilac fancier in this climate with acid soil.
Mike

Bookmark   January 15, 2011 at 5:34AM
More Discussions
What does it mean if a tree is "vigorous"?
For example, "This tree tends to be less vigorous...
tlbean2004
Trunk Rot. Should I shovel prune or can this little JM recover?
shovel prune or is this something it can recover from?...
kjmm1
500 ft Privacy Fence/Screen trees advise
I have a very large property line that I would like...
zrodimel
beating trees with a bat
it is said.. it will stimulate a struggling tree to...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Maple, Beech, Oak - proximity to natural gas line?
I will be planting the following trees at these distances...
johniferous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™