GT235 Primary Belt Replacement

razordaveApril 16, 2012

I have a JD GT235. I need to replace the primary (motor to deck)belt. My manual lists the part# as M143019. The one that has been on it since I bought it used is clearly marked as a JD M144677.

The one that has been on it is a standard looking v-belt with all sides smooth. Every replacement that I can find for the part numbers listed above is cogged on the inner and outer sides. I tried one of these cogged versions last Summer and it didn't last one full mow, so I put the badly worn original back on. It shredded on me yesterday so I have to get a replacement.

I haven't been to JD dealer yet because all of them near me have closed and the only ones in my region are in rural areas, dozens of miles away, so I'd have to make the trek on a weekend sometime. I'd rather order online or buy a 3rd party belt at a local shop.

Anyway, are any of you guys familiar with my dilemma? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

rd

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

Go to the JD parts site http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Fill in GT235 in the model search field and check the box next to Exact Model Search then you can look up the correct belt for your GT235.

You may have the wrong belt on there now or the belt may have been revised to a new part number.

In my experience aftermarket belts are a waste of money on JD riders. Get the right belt.

You can order the belt from JD parts and have it shipped to you or you can contact online dealers like Keepingitgreen.com

Once you have the correct JD part number Google it and a list of sellers will pop up. Make sure they sell the REAL JD belt.

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Briggs and Stratton 25hp els OHV help!!!!
I got a this motor attached to a mover off a craigslist...
H&M Contractors
Craftsman rider safety switches
I have a Craftsman mid-engine riding mower with a briggs...
LRM2
Hydrostatic Drive Problems??
Craftsman 20.5 HP Kohler Command V twin Under the seat...
jthievin
Briggs fuel pump
Briggs 12HP, vertical, 281707 Type 0185-01. I think...
exmar
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™