1. Are Woodzig AC model 40268 chain available in North, TX?

loger_gwJune 3, 2011

1. Are Woodzig AC model 40268 chain available in North, TX?

2. I have searched but h/n found a source. Are the chains repairable?

3. Its my neighbor�s and it looks as if simply came apart at a link possibly from binding or etc.

4. Are these saws worth repairing? Thanks, loger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ggoyeneche

Woodzig chains have not been manufactured for a number of years. You see occasionally on Ebay, but prices tend to get higher and higher. Usually sell for $50 to $75 for two-pack.

I used to think they were barely more than toys, but bought a pole saw at a flea market for a couple of dollars and really like it. It came with two chains so when they're gone, I junk it.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 12:42PM
loger_gw

Thanks For Replying!

Are the chains repairable? It d/n feel dull but apart or broken. It appears it could be snapped back together from a glance. Trying to help a neighbor. I offered her to use my manuel pole-saw for her light pruning vs my electric Remington pole-saw. loger

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 8:01PM
ggoyeneche

The Woodzig chain is based upon a modified single jack chain.

You might be able to reconnect and straighten out using needle nose pliers. Also, if you buy some Jack Chain of approriate size, you can replace a link, although you won't be cutting at that particular spot.

Best bet is to temporarily repair and then follow Ebay until some comes up and bid on it, unless price is to high.

Myself, I keep using until I wear out my two chains. At $50 plus a pair, new ones are too expensive, and I'll junk the machine. I already have Olympyk (Efco) professional pruning saw, but the Woodzig is handy for small jobs.

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 10:25AM
loger_gw

Thanks For The Info! Our local repair shop recommended my neighbor replace the WoodZig and I agree. loger

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 11:02AM
nikmar

I have 2 sets of 2ea. new, in unopened blisterpak, woodzig chains - total of 4 chains - contact me if you would like to buy them! I'll sell all 4 for $45 plus shipping and you must pay via paypal (good for everybody's protection!).

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 7:39PM
Shelly12

The chain on my Woodzig pruner seems to be stuck. Motor turns but chain doesn't. Any advice on how to free it? Also someone mentioned fashioning a replacement chain out of a "Jack Chain." What exactly is a jack chain, and where does can you one get a length of it? Thanks.

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 7:50PM
More Discussions
Smoky 8 horse Kohler
I recently got an old Troy Bilt Horse with the K181...
snuffyinatl
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™