power washer won't start

annikahJune 25, 2010

I have an electric Earthwise Power 2000 psi washer -- it started, then stopped, and won't start again. I think maybe the water coming in from the hose was too hot. Can anybody help, or does anybody have a phone number for the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

They will do that if there isn't enough pressure. First, leave the hose slightly loose at the washer and let all the air purge out of the hose for a few minutes. Then try to run it.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 5:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

With any power washer you want to make sure you have water not air running through it as suggested. It's always good idea to first run all the air out of the water hose before you attach it. then attach it and turn the water on. Now pull the trigger and let the water pressure push all the air out of the unit. Now you are ready to plug it in and turn it on. I also don't recommend let it run very long without the trigger pulled. I know some have pressure shut off valve that turns the elect unit off, but it they are still humming they are still pumping. I never let my gas unit run very long without the trigger pulled(less than a minute) without shutting it down IMO not good on the pumps.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™