Pressure washing cleanly

rentonsaJune 10, 2013

Hi folks, i don't think i submitted this earlier, but apologies if it appears twice.
Really stupid question from a newcomer: i have a karcher pressure washer, and, even when washing my path in a systematic order, unedged lawns and beds result in vast amounts of excess muddy water. Brushing this away just results in the slabs getting dirty again, leaving it results in dried in mud! Could anyone advise a foolproof solution? Something to suck up the water perhaps?!

Thanks
Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gav104

Have you tried to use a surface cleaner instead ? You will find with one of those you will have a lot less splashing.

Also you could try using a garden fork to force holes all along the area where you plan on pressure cleaning to help drain the water down into the soil

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:00PM
rentonsa

Thanks Gav- I see Karcher do a surface cleaner attachment which sounds ideal. I'll also try the fork suggestion.

Cheers
Scott

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 6:54AM
Gav104

The surface washer will probably be the best solution as you will have no splash back and the excess waster should just roll out from under the cleaner and flow down to the lowest part of your garden.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:35AM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™