some cordless help for weeding

slimshavingsJune 15, 2012

I was setting in chair consuming a 32 oz drink with popcorn after weeding garden. Wondering what I could do to make it easier to weed around plants close up. suddenly the fat in my brain parted and the idea that I as a woodworker had a cordless oscillating tool. Low and behold I put the three inch blade on that sucker and it works wonderful. Just gently hold the plant back and go for it. You can get excited about it. Not a cure all but a help

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/ItemResults.aspx?catid=1608

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Some weed eaters have string cut off blade turn that cover 180 degrees when push that cover up to plant that stop string from cutting the plant always wear eye protection while weed eating use. Some turn 180 degrees few want.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 3:04AM
evdpgh

"Wondering what I could do to make it easier to weed around plants"...Get your wife to do the weeding.

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 11:02PM
zen_man

This tool got a lot of 1-star ratings (the worst possible rating) at Amazon, primarily because of short battery life. The idea of using it for weeding is a good one, though. Particularly, if you don't mind stooping or kneeling (both of which I prefer not to do).

The idea presented above, of using a shielded weed eater, seems worth trying.

Or I can just go on as now, sitting in my rolling tractor seat, and pulling the weeds by hand that I can't reach from a standing position using a "precision" long handled garden hoe.

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 3:23PM
More Discussions
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™