Husqvarna blower....junk!

robarJune 27, 2014

I just purchased a Husqvarna model 125 B leaf blower at Lowe's. I read the directions and put the blower tubes on then gased it up, 50:1 mix. It started right up and I ran it for about 10 minutes. I then pressed the off switch and turned it off. A few minutes later, I restarted it....no problem. I then went to turn it off and the off switch would not work. I tried it repeatedly and finally had to pull off the plug wire. I will be returning this blower to Lowe's for a refund. That was the first and last Husqvarna I will ever buy. A brand new blower with a bad off switch.....no thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylake(minnesota)

Both Stihl and Husky are using their name to sell cheap junk with very little quality, you need to buy their pro machines to get good quality but they are spendy. Echo has good quality at a decent price.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 6:32AM
wertach zone 7-B SC

Ditto Lady Lake!

I should have learned my lesson with the 48" Husky mower that I bought 3 years ago. It has had so many problems.

I bought a husky chainsaw and it wouldn't even start. I returned it and they couldn't get it started either. They gave me another, it wouldn't start, I returned it and got my money back.

I bought an Echo from HD and I love it. No problems at all.

I needed to replace my 15 year old leaf blower, so I bought an Echo. Great machine for the price.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 3:27PM
justme4now(7)

Up until yesterday I used a husqvarna 125BT for over three years.

Never failed to start on first pull and never broke down.

Just purchased a husqvarna 150BT and man o man .. I love it!

RedMax blowers are praised all over the country and the only difference between RedMax and Husqvarna, (as far as I can see) is the color! 8)

Bookmark   October 29, 2014 at 4:18AM
rdaystrom

robar, One small defect and you trash an entire brand. Doesn't take much to tick you off. justme4now got it right. RedMax was bought out by Husqvarna and the blower line was incorporated into the Husqvarna line. RedMax, Husqvarna, and Echo are all excellent blowers and among the best.

Bookmark   October 29, 2014 at 11:00PM
AGuy5

Key part of the phrase; "bought it at Lowes". Got mine at a local dealer for 345, and love it. Starts well, has all the power you could ask for. And, with a season of commercial lawn maintenance done, still works perfectly.

Bookmark   November 24, 2014 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™