Montgomery Ward Tiller

sweetsue52June 3, 2009

My father recently passed away and we are preparing for an auction. 2 neighbors have approached us about wanting to purchase the 5 hp M.W. tiller (model A103B) he had. We have no idea how old it is, what he paid for it, or what we should ask now. Both neighbors have used it and say it works like charm. It looks like it is practically new. There is one of the two parties that we would consider selling it to beforehand. Help!!!! What should we ask?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lionelshalstead

I had a 1985 model GIL 1580 J montgomery wards tiller.It had a bad gear in the gear box.I gave up on fixing it because i could'nt fine parts for it.You can buy a new one something like it at sears for about $350.00.

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 6:51PM
darin5396

All parts for the tiller are available through Toro. Gilson was bought out by Lawn Boy then Toro bought them. I recently received a manual free of charge from them for a 1951 Gilson (Montgomery Wards Tiller). Got the seal kit I needed and it is running like new. All they need is the model # on the side of tiller.It is probably worth $200-$250 because of its age.

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 1:13PM
sweetsue52

Thanks for the follow-up postings

Bookmark   June 10, 2009 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™