Ryobi 790R

moondawg7June 17, 2011

I am having trouble with my weed eater. It runs fine on full and half choke, but once you take the choke off or put your hand over the whole it shuts off. Replace all the fuel lines, primer bulb, even took the carb off and took it apart, and didn't really see no clogs or anything. Any help with this would be great. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Usually anytime the have to run it on choke you got lean mixture IMO. this can be caused by dirt or gummed up carb. passages, vacuum leak, or mixture screws may have vibrated some.

Does if have Hi and Lo carb. adjustments??? If you was confident in you carb. cleaning and sure it's not sucking air or still plugged up then I would try to adjust the hi screw, but first noting where I started so I can turn it back if the adjustment out 1/8 to 1/4 turn don't help???

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 6:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

MD: AS RC has indicated these units were at best rather tempermental , the walbro carbs although sound in desugn were not forgiving to neglect . You have not indicated if you have checked or inspected the fuel filter . Other than what you have done adding fuel cleaner to the fresh fuel (2 ounces) and following what RC has advised as to jet adjustments , you should see some improvements within a few mintues running .

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 5:59PM
More Discussions
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™