Husqvarna 350 chain slipping

SubmarineMarkJune 12, 2013

I've got a Husky 350 chainsaw that's about ten years old. It runs great, no issues there. I bought a new bar and chain and it cut like new. I was cutting oak and it worked great. I cut an unknown stump for a neighbor and near the end of the cut it acted like it wasn't getting oil. I returned to the oak I was working on and it cut slower. Now the chain is slipping (like a clutch in a car type of slipping). It's running fine and cuts okay until the least little bit of pressure is applied and then the chain starts slipping until it stops turning all together. Motor is wide open and chain is stuck in the wood. I can adjust the chain like normal and it doesn't make a difference with the symptoms. The chain tensioner is working great and the tension is correct. Clutch?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snuffyinatl

Yep.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:28PM
loger_gw

What have you inspected and found? Sounds like the clutch has gone bad related to the shoes or sprocket.

Who can share a youtube link on adding a Husky 350 piston kit and any related info? Excuse the post jumping and suggest a new post if needed.

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 4:49PM
rcmoser

I would see if the chain needs sharpen first. Dull teeth don't cut tend to stick in the wood or ride on top and top the saw rpms out??

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 7:11PM
ladylake(minnesota)

Check the drive sprocket for excess wear. Also make sure your chain, sprocket and bar are all the same pitch, either .325 or 3/8. They cant be miss matched. Steve

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 6:43AM
More Discussions
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Disgusted with my Mantis tiller
I've had a Mantis tiller since Spring of 2005. It's...
mitchb2
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Sponsored Products
Husqvarna '130BT' 2-cycle 29.5cc Black/ Orange Backpack Blower
Overstock.com
Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc Backpack Blower Yard Care Tool
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™