Wheelbarrow tray

mycogardenJune 1, 2007

We have broken the tray of our poly wheelbarrow. Its an Ames True Temper 6 cu. ft. double wheeled model. The problem is I can't find a replacement tray anywhere. True Temper wants $77 to send us a new one... uh, I can buy a whole new setup from HD for $50. It seems like such a waste, you can buy wheels, inner tubes, handles... but not a tray.

Anyone know how to get a replacement tray for a reasonable cost?

Moral of the story... "Do not use poly wheelbarrows for concrete removal. The trays will break more easily than you think."

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerboybill

I recently picked up a tru temper steel tray wheelbarrow at my last trip to the dump. It was missing the tire, rim and shaft but otherwise in great shape. After buying a tire and shaft for 35 bucks, I found the wheelbarrow was on sale for 38 bucks!

On your barrow, is there any reason you couldn't buy some 1X6 treated lumber and make a flatbed model for hauling bulky stuff?

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 10:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mycogarden

Well I was off to Ace Hardware to see if they would truly be the "Helpful hardware place." The first guy looked around but came up empty handed. The next guy was a nice young teenager, who turned out to be the most helpful and considerate. He found the tray and proceeded to the cashier to see if they could indeed sell it to me. They had the trays, but "couldn't sell them separately". I pressed them on this as nonsense and finally the cashier relented and said she would "return the old wheelbarrow and give us a replacement". Great I thought... until some other guy said "Why are you doing that? It's not our fault it broke. That's not our product." So now cashier has second thoughts and calls another store's manager. Denied.

So here I am with a pile of True Temper crap purchased from Ace Hardware losers. Ace won't help their customer and claims True Temper won't send them a tray alone. Somehow this all seems like bull caca. I mean do they really expect me to believe that there has never been a set of wheelbarrow hardware parts missing a tub in the shipment? What happens then? Do they through away the hardware because it is "impossible" to get a tray delivered to the store?

Stay tuned... I'm planning on speaking with the regional manager next. We'll see if Ace Hardware stands up for customer service or tells me to take my business elsewhere.

I wonder... is what I'm asking for really out of line? Why am I so worked up over this. By the way, to purchase the tray by way of buying the whole thing again... $104 + tax. Ouch.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™