Waddayathink?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mxyplx

http://www.harborfreight.com/doublecut-saw.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Saw

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 7:50PM
lakesider_2007(7)

Been there, done that, and will call it a waste. I really liked the concept, but the problems out weigh usefulness. I first seen it on an Infomercial, and then got mine at good ole HF.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 9:37PM
rcmoser

HF tools are china knock offs. Usually the same in design but made to cheaper standard. As most companies around the world have gone to cheap labor countries so their CEO's can make Millions year not having to pay union labor rates. China has no respect for trade marks or Patents, so the copy any design and sell it to any buyer at cheaper price. Look at the tools closely you will see the same concept as many main brands just made cheaper. This is why you see the lower prices. Some stuff lasts depending on how often you use it. Don't expect main brand preformance or quality. In fact some stuff is down right drangerous.. Buyer beware based on skill and knowledge of tools and there use.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 5:26AM
loger_gw

If you had a background of working with Quality Brand Tools (from the 60s, 70s before the clones), IMO you had a better feel for quality. Initially I felt the clones had more quality than possibly now. Some quality tools I could not afford for my little use. After seeing some clones do repetitive/competitive work for 5 yrs or more on the job, I was sold on a few. Mainly a drill press, otherwise I felt I had more in a used Brand Name Tool. The satisfaction guaranteed and lifetime warr sold many people on clones. BUT! The repeated returns were not worth my time.

Basically my tool had to prove I needed them vs just wanting them. LOL. Such as, I framed enough with a skill saw to prove a Radial Arm would pay me. A compressor would pay maintenance needs, painting and etc. When the jobs dictated the needs after the proof, that was the day they came out of Lay-A-Way.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™