Lawn Vacuum Question

dmullen(Southern CA)June 15, 2010

I have seen lawn vacuums mentioned many times over the years and have been wondering if they clean the lawm fairly well.

The reason that I am asking is that I have some kind of grassy weed in my lawn and I do my best to keep the long stems with seeds removed.

This is very time consuming when done by hand and I would rather use a weed trimmer and then vacuum up the trimmings if it would get almost everything that had been cut off.

Anyone here ever used one?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sport98

I think lawn vacs are pretty good with leaves and small yard debris and the are generally height adjustable so if you have a very level yard you could lower the vacumn end down pretty low and they do have strong suction but I don't know if they are strong enough to get seeds, that's getting pretty small.

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 10:49AM
dmullen(Southern CA)

I would try to get the seed stalks if they will do that. In this area, I never see used or new ones for sale so do not know anyone who has ever used one.

Thanks for the reply

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 10:35PM
sport98

If the stalks are the size of say a flower stem or a large blade of grass or maybe a cut dandylion, then I think it would work. I had one to get up leaves but sold it in a yard sale when I started using a bagger on my riding mower. Sorry I can't be more decisive on the effectiveness. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™