Echo Pro CS-450-18 or Husqvarna 455 Rancher

stryker221982June 9, 2010

Which one would you guys choose I can get both saws for about the same price from local dealers and both have great reviews.

the echo has a 5 year warranty i dunno about the husky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

The Husky is a Homeowner Saw ! High Torgue low RPM rather Heavy ! Not a Pro Grade but a very well built saw ! Great for the Fire Wood Cutter . The Echo is a very competitive saw , check out the cc rating with the warranty I would jump at it if all is equal . Normally Husky and Stil are Teamed together at my Local Dealers . Let us knwo what you find out .

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 1:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylake(minnesota)

For just a few bucks more I'd be looking at the Echo CS530 and the Husky 460, both the Echo 450 and 530 wiegh the same about 11# with the 530 cutting with the best 50cc saws when tuned right. The Husky 455 and 460 are the same wieght about 13# with the 460 being 5 cc more. I'd go with the Echo 530 being 2# lighter with a better build qualty and better warrenty, make sure either you or your dealer pulls the limiter caps and tunes it for your location and the fuel your using. Most new saws are set too lean and are doggy and could burn up in a long hard cut.. Steve

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 5:40AM
More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™