Stihl Cutquik 760

gsnod(5)June 13, 2012

My buddy has brought a concrete saw over for me to look at. The rope pull is not catching, so we get no tension at all to start it.. The rope pull does work, just is not catching for ay flywheel turnover. Anyone know how to replace this starter clutch system?

I see nothing broken and can't seem to find much information on this problem.

Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

If you have a good blue spark and that amount of compression, IMO, it should try to run if it's getting fuel.

1. I would suggest priming with some of the fresh premix.
2. If it fires or before, take a careful look in the carb (especially the fine filter and diaphragm's condition.
3. You might check the Carb adjustments and try and force some compressed carb cleaner into the ports (seat and adjust out 1-1.5 turn for starters and then tune).

Please give a reply on your experimenting and results. Hopefully someone will jump in with direct experience with the saw but basics should should help you.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 5:00PM
loger_gw

I Blew My Reply on saws, Tx Heat, LOL! I am not finding/seeing much. Do you have any close pictures of the mechanism and mating parts?

There are probably industrial power tool forums that will have more experience with this line of equipment since it is not related to gardening (as many of the other small engines). On some equipment I find the 800 # or direct e-mail to the company to be very helpful and faster than message-boards.

Good Luck As I Find Some Shade!

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 7:43PM
evdpgh

"Anyone know how to replace this starter clutch system?...Sure, take it to an authorized Stihl repair center along with about 300 bucks and that should solve your problem.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 9:19PM
gsnod(5)

Thanks evdpgh....that's what I'm trying to not do!

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 9:55PM
loger_gw

Please post up some close Pics of the starter's mating mechanism. I have repaired some monsters as a challenge vs a need. Lessons learned were some required more patience and time due to needed housing removal, special coil spring tools and complex designs. The fun is when there is no rush and it can be put aside until you walk you daily 2 miles or wakeup the next morning with new solutions. Bingo! It's done and you'll never see or repair another after learning the tricks.

With this little info, my goal is challenging uploading Pics vs links of old Craftsman/WeedEater/Poulan Blower that do not have exposed fuel lines. Plus, a bear of a starter to repair on the WeedEater due to enclosed housings. "Pics Means More Than A Thousand Words" when sharing a problem if pics can show the problem.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 7:20PM
loger_gw

This was a great experience as on my other two message-boards to be able to share Pics vs links related to matters. Is this a new option and when or did I miss the option? This will enhance the sharing matters.

Take Care!

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 12:04AM
andyma_gw

Maybe apples and oranges but, My old Farmboss has a nylon dog that engages the fly wheel. It is only a 10$ part.

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™