chainsaw

kitter123June 19, 2009

My stihl chainsaw wont start today, nothing at all.I changed the plug but it seems to be a fuel problem. I noticed that the line from the filter in the tank looks like it has melted and collapsed together,could it be or is it supposed to be that soft, any advice

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andyma_gw

You can buy 2' of fuel hose for 3$ at Lowes. Bring a piece of the original when you go shopping. It took me less than 1/2 hr to replace the fuel hose in my Husquavarna weed wacker.

Bookmark   June 19, 2009 at 11:12PM
rcmoser

Corn gas IMO has deterioriated you fuel hoses. I would replace the hoses, filter, and clean the tank out, then use carb cleaner to prime the saw when trying to start it so the gas will be pulled up through the carb quicker.

Bookmark   June 20, 2009 at 3:43PM
robert1961

I just bought a used Homelite 4620c. Its starts fine, revs fine until I start to cut then it bogs.

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 2:20PM
rcmoser

I would check the air filter, spark plug and muffler, high carb adjustment setting (richen it up some see if that helps (mark the orginal location so you can move it back it it don't help)), then for a vacuum leak (loose carb mount screws, head to crank/crank cover screws, Compression and/or wear between piston and bore???

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 10:32PM
EpicGardens

I have some issues with my saw, i pull the cord, but it barely moves, and the saw doesnt start...

here is the link: http://www.epicpc.us/

Here is a link that might be useful: epic gardens

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 10:38AM
loger_gw

EpicGardens, Pull the starter cover off and remove the spark plug and see if the flywheel turns freely.

1. If the problem is not starter related you might see some debris/restricting at this point.

2. If there is still resistance, pull the muffler to check the cyl to know it is not scored/scratched.

3. Post more spec info, history, magneto type, Pictures on questionable items.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 1:43PM
More Discussions
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™