Gravely ZT 1540 just stopped

ndmaster(6)April 28, 2009

And it now won't start. Have had it for 3 seasons (beginning its fourth).

When I try to restart it, it turns over, but won't fire. Never had problems with it before. Full of gas, no apparent loose wires, connections.

Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimc_vt(z3Vt)

Try a new sparkplug first (weakest link in the system) ....could have water in the carb .....start there and we'll go from here ,Jim

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 3:49PM
gary1540

If everything checks out, that is it's getting spark and there is fuel in the tank, check one more thing, is the fuel actually getting to the carb. The reason I say this is on mine I'm having a problem drawing fuel out of the tank. The fuel pump is fine but there is an air leak at the fitting at the tank, black hose outside the tank is ok but inside the tank where the clear hose connects the hose has gotten soft and the clamp will not seal well enough to permit the fuel to be drawn out. Last season I epoxyed the joint and finished the season , but I am having the same problem this season. I am open for other ideas. I plan on calling the dealer Monday to see if they have a permanent fix for this. The newwer Models have relocated the tank to allow gravity feed.

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 4:05PM
gary1540

I got mine running today. i used a different style hose clamp and left the fitting outside the tank.

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
transmission clean and do not overwork
I have a Dumb question about that phrase. Exactly what...
krnuttle
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have a Craftsman riding mower that the manual clutch...
cowgirlrose55
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
which is better Simplicity Broadmore 44" or Husqvarna GT48xlsi
I am about ready to order a new mower for my yard....
lcb65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™