Ryobi 700r Repair Videos?

nogreenthumb_2010June 19, 2011

Hello all,

I was hoping someone had a link to any video that shows how to dismantle and service the carburator to a Ryobi 700r weedeater, as well as replacing the fuel lines and primer bulb.

I came across a great video last year, but haven't been able to find it lately.

Any assistance you can provide would be great.

Thanks in advance,

ngt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

I just replaced the fuel lines on a friends Ryobi weed wacker. I had a problem with getting a good seal with the filter hose coming out of the tank. So, i took it to the shop, store where i buy my parts. There was 2 guys there and when they saw the Ryobi--they both said:" A Ryobi? Junk it!" HMMM!
That model has the filter going into the end of the hose, and that assembly has to be pushed down and out thru the hole in the tank! But, the hole is way back in the tank, and fingers don't give enough pressure to force the filter end and hose down thru the hole. Then, i made an L-shaped tool, clamped it in the vise-grips, and used it to push the filter down and the end out, so i could install the little plastic retainer ring on the outside of the tank.
Seems like an engineering mistake-the way it was designed, sort of like the designer's eyes were slanted---

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™