Excell 2500 psi Pressure washer, need advice

flgal2010June 10, 2010

Hi!

Spent about $400 on this pressure washer at Home Depot about 3-4 years ago...used about 1-2 a year then didn't use at all last year...

It won't run, it's got spark and gas is getting where it needs to go but won't turn over. Also, it won't build up pressure.

Took it to one place and said it was most likely the pump and that you can't get parts for it. ??? And if it's the motor it would cost as much as a new one and wasn't worth fixing.

Has a Honda Motor and it's by Excell-DeVibliss Power Company.

Any suggestions...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

Pumps on many of the entry level washers are not repairable, parts plus labor is more than a replacement. The no start is likely the result of stale gas. The fuel system probably needs a thorough cleaning. Disconnect the fuel hose and drain the tank then remove the drain screw from the carb bowl (the one at the side). You should be using a fuel stabilizer if you are storing it for long periods of time.If you need a pump and a tuneup, go for a new unit.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 2:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dm5415_sccoast_net

was using power washer was working great. now doesnt hav any pressure on high [no water comes out] has water on low

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™