Bad on climbers--too much treatment?

dkjp12April 30, 2014

Hi,

I have about 20 climbers (all different) along my picket fence. I prepared well and they looked AMAZING for the last few weeks! About 3 weeks ago I put down Bayer All in One pellets as a preventative and now three of my roses have black spot pretty badly...I'm afraid the rest aren't far behind. I went to my local nursery and they told me that I couldn't spray or use anything else until 6 weeks from when I used the Bayer...is this the case? I feel like in just going to watch all of the beautiful growth fall off! Would love to be able to do something to help.

I've already cleared all leaves from the ground and went so far as to try and remove as much as the diseased leaves as possible (a long and thankless job!)

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buford(7 NE GA)

The Bayer pellets or the drench don't really do a good job on blackspot. At least not here in Georgia :) You are better off using separate products. Bayer does make a fungicide spray that works very well on black spot. You can find it in Lowes. Normally you only need to spray every 2-3 weeks, but since you already have some blackspot, you may want to do it weekly until you don't see any new spots.

Combination products are not a good idea. You wind up putting down chemicals you don't need an they aren't effective for disease. I've attached a link to what you should buy. Bayer has so many products and the bottles look similar. Make sure you get the one that just says 'Disease Control. You can use it on the roses now. Just follow the directions about avoiding skin contact.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bayer Disease Control

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 6:22AM
More Discussions
I will be converting my rose garden this spring
After two brutal winters where temperatures have reached...
dmoore66
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
am I too impatient w already-leaved bareroot in container?
hello! My bareroot had already leaved out quite nicely...
Need2SeeGreen
Roses, feeding an addiction......
I have been on a search for Peach Drift. I called...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™