Bolens 1556 tractor - hydraulic lift problems

ron2012(8)April 30, 2012

my bolens 1556 hydraulic lift-down operation pretty much doesn't work; the attachment lowers down at a snail's pace whereas the lift-raise does raise the attach at a quick pace. the lift level returns to the middle position when released. any ideas of why the lift-down is so-o-o slow? and how to fix it? it appears that gravity of the attachment doesn't even help the lowering movement.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mownie(7)

When have you changed the hydraulic filter?
Gravity can't force the oil being returned to the tank through a partly clogged filter very fast.
Other hydraulics (if you have them) might operate with double acting cylinders which actually power in......and out... under hydraulic pressure, so those things don't show a lot of slow down due to a clogged filter. But even though double acting cylinders don't slow down that much, there is still reason to be concerned because where a gravity down single acting cylinder might not unseat the bypass in the filter.................double acting cylinders certainly will and that means the filter is just circulating unfiltered oil when it goes into bypass.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 12:07AM
More Discussions
Craftsman 917.289244 - Starter will not turn the flywheel
I am working on a Craftsman 917.289244 with starting...
cjlawson9
Plug vs. Spike aerators?
Plug vs. Spike aerators Why would someone use one over...
cjsm5nys
Installing a fuel pump to a gravity fed 12 hp briggs...
I'm in the midst of an engine swap and I would love...
jd108eric
Which model Deere for my yard?
My yard is one giant hill. 1.2 acres. I have about...
joe_ga
Varying Idle speed?
Getting a varying idle speed on my Briggs&Stratton...
yth2448
Sponsored Products
Grass Gator Universal Bump & Feed Trimmer Head - 1223-1023
$24.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™