Sears - not making this up
I am interested in purchasing the new Craftsman Professional 24 h.p. yard tractor, model 28870. Trying to confirm whether the transmission is K46 or something more substantial (hopefully).
1. Sears Parts Direct on-line does not recognize their own model number so I call Service.
2. Service says they cannot answer the question and transfers me to Parts.
3. Parts says they can't answer the question so they transfer me back to Service.
4. Service says I need to speak with Parts, and then disconnect me during the transfer.
5. I call back (to Service, and then get transferred to Parts). Here is the dialogue:
Sears: "That model number isn't recognized in our system."
me: "It is your model number from your website."
Sears: "We need the model number off of the tractor."
me: "I haven't purchased it yet, which is why I am calling."
Sears: "You need to speak with Service...."
I guarantee that Sears will miss their revenue number this quarter, and they will surely hide behind news of a national recession rather than their very own incompetence. I can only imagine what it must be like to actually try to get a tractor repaired.
Does anyone know how to determine the transmission model for these new "Professional" tractors?
I may just go to the local Husqvarna dealer & pay approx. $500 more for a similar tractor, but at least I'll have someone local who I can look straight in the eye and get some service for my hard earned dollars!