Help with Leaf Blower decision

cvgarberJuly 7, 2010

I am in the market for a leaf blower, and this will be my first leaf blower purchase. I have narrowed it down to different backpack leaf blowers but I need some guidance.

First, here is what I will be using it for: Blowing off driveways, patios, deck, but most importantly, cleaning up in the fall for the SEVERAL large, mature trees that we have. I want to get one unit that will work for everything and am concerned about buying something that is too weak to do my clean. However, budget is a concern too. I would like to spend no more than $250.

I have looked at:

Husqvarna 130BT (not many reviews online). It has 30cc, 145 MPH, 431 CFM but about 380 CFM at the nozzle.

OR

Troy-Bilt TB4BP. It has 32cc, 150 MPH, and 480 CFM (but cannot find how much at nozzle).

The Husqvarna sells for $200 and the Troy-Bilt at $230 at a Lowes nearby.

What do you think? Any other suggestions I should be considering?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yungman

No Troybilt or Craftsman.

For under $250, you better off buy a hand held blower. Husqvarna 150B for about $149:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landscape-and-groundcare/products/blowers/125b/

This is stronger than the ones you showed.

For Back Pack, you have to go to $299 for Husqvarna 150Bt or Redmax EBZ5100. THey are the same blower with different color to match your clothes.

For same size engine, hand held is always stronger than back pack. The ones you showed are too small and too weak. YOu should not get back pack less than 50cc to be of any usefullness.

The two I show you are the best power for the money bar none. And both are commercial quality.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 7:46PM
gregd(6)

I'm sure you would LIKE to spend no more than $250.....but I'd give some serious thought to adding $100 to your budget and get a Stihl BR 380 D. I used to buy big-box stuff and eventually got sick of the poor quality. Buy a Stihl and you'll never regret the extra money. My 2 cents.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Stihl BR 380 D

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 9:14PM
yungman

Stihl BR380 is a very good one, but it is $329 in my dealer. I am pushing about the $299 Husky already. These are the two that I would consider if I want to spend minimum. Nothing less for back pack, it would be a total waste of money.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 11:49PM
OutdoorGuy1

The Troy-Bilt 41AR4BEG966 is a good one for that price range. I found it online for $219.99.

Here is a link that might be useful: Troy-Bilt 41AR4BEG966

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 12:04PM
robar

Try the Hitachi 2 cycle or the Makita 4 cycle.....both had great reviews on Amazon.com

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™