Used Cub Cadet.... is this a good deal?

emucomApril 7, 2012

On the way to work this morning, I noticed a 2006 Cub Cadet 1000 series 19hp hydrostatic lawn tractor for sale with 120 hrs on the meter. The guy is asking $675 for it. Does this sound like a good deal in general? Im thinking of calling for more info...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Before i'd invest that much money in a used lawn tractor, i'd invest that much cash in a new one! No use buying a used machine. The money is better spent on a new one! There must be some reason he is selling it--did he say why?
Usually the reason for him selling it will soon come out-especially if you have already spent the money for it!
I'm not cheap, just frugal. I sell used LAWN tractors for $100/200, no matter who made them!

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 6:21PM
rcbe(6)

if the unit is in decent mechanical/electrical shape, suspect it would be worth $500+.. but, best to check going prices on ewbay or such.

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 11:04PM
tomplum

That seems high. Unless it has been fully and properly serviced. If you have a look, inspect the traction belt as well. It would be due by now and usually require a bit of work on these.You will want to know the hydro drives well and reasonably quiet both cool and warm/ forward and rearward.

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
transmission clean and do not overwork
I have a Dumb question about that phrase. Exactly what...
krnuttle
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
John Deere SRX75 Rider Issue
I have an old Deere SRX75 30" rider with a Kawasaki...
itzbinnice
Request for advice/information on Simplicity Regent 4111
Hello all. I was doing an internet search and found...
mattyruch
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™