Husqvarna 455 X Torque Rancher

Deputy347k9July 13, 2013

New member, 1st post! I am in a bind and hoping someone can help me out! Just rebuilt the carb on my Husqvarna 455 X torgue chain saw. Rebuild went great, saw now runs like a champ, however! For the life of me I can not figure out the proper install of the kill switch and wire. This saw has one external push down assembly for shut off with the choke directly below it. This is one single unit. Under the cover is one singe wire (left side) with a angled piece of thin metal that connects somewhere, somehow? When you push down on the shut off the wire would make contact with the metal, shutting hte saw off. None of my manuals nor anything I can find on line show the proper install of the wire and metal piece?

Can anyone provide me with a clear picture of this setup? I would be so greatful!

Most respectfully,
Larry
Deputy347k9

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Is it easy to take a picture of this area and items mention and post it if someone does not help you soon? I felt a youtub or engine diagram would easily be found and help, but no luck. Personally I have not been in the saw but a pic might help to see the needed positioning..

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 2:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txtom50(8a texas)

The picture is the switch on my Husqvarna 350. From what I can see in some online IPLs, your 455 saw has about the same setup.
Blue wire has a metal terminal that pushes into a couple of grooves in the plastic switch.
Black wire (enclosed in insulation) has a female spade terminal that pushes onto a male terminal on the metal spring/conductor.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™