Garden Seeders

knight63July 11, 2010

Hello, I am looking to get a garden seeder, but I'm not realy sure what kind to get. The Precision seeder is the one that comes up most often. I've read reviews on it and about half of the people think its good and the other half think its bad, so I don't know what to decide. I have also looked at the old fashioned stab corn planters. Has anyone had expeirience with these? Are the precision seeders any good? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rockguy(7a)

It depends on what you'll use it for and how much you'll use it. The stabber is ok but after a few long rows you might wish you had something else. The precision has the option of planting different sized seeds.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 12:28PM
exmar

I have an Earthway which we've used for over 8 years and are very happy with it. I recently noticed that the price is $99.99 so it's a bit pricey. However, it does an excellent job. You have control over depth, width of rows, by virtue of the "marker."

$100 will buy a lot of produce when everyone's garden comes in, however if you're into gardening it's well worth it.

Disadvantage is that with small seeds, like lettuce, you might have to buy several packets of seeds to fill the hopper to the point that the "dipper/feed wheel" can dip in and deliver seeds to the chute for planting.

DO NOT buy the fertilize attachment as it doesn't work at the same time as you're planting seeds, separate operation altogether.

The basic unit comes with enough wheels for different sized seeds to satisfy everything we've planted. Some creativity may be needed.... :-) An optional set of additonal wheels is offered, we haven't needed them.

good luck,

Ev

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 11:29PM
knight63

Thanks for your advice. I have a gift card to a place that sells earthway seeders, so maybe ill try one out.

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 8:31PM
More Discussions
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™