Is the Weed Tiger the strongest string trimmer line on the market

loger_gwJuly 5, 2013

1. Is the Weed Tiger the strongest string trimmer line on the market? At the site below:

2. Did you accept one of their free trial offers before purchasing this line?

3. Have you had the Weed Tiger to break at the spoolâÂÂs head with normal use? I had 10 yrs of no breakage with my 70s Sears electric trimmer. I have not been able to master not breaking line with gas trimmers.

Maxi-Edge trimmer line (.155 in. dia. with ridges vs smooth) is the strongest I have experienced. I basically use it as the Weed Tiger line. Except, I cut 20â sections and stretch it out the two existing spool head's metal eyes (that is a tuff pull with pliers). This leaves approx 8âÂÂsections of line out each side. I finally had my first to break at the head yesterday. IâÂÂm sure it was my misuse from cutting too heavy and fast.

Thanks!

http://weedtiger.com/about.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Weed Tiger's site

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
always_beezee

Let's see here....the person joined today....yep....sounds like promoting.....yep....I wonder......

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:41PM
ewalk

Always- bee zee: What are you Smoking Logers been on the forum for over 3 yrs Dude ! lol .

Loger looks like it might work on single spool units , personally I use .080 on my Toro straight shaft and only rspool once a yr . I wind ten ft on my double spool commercial unit though lol .

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 6:25PM
loger_gw

I have approx 1,000â to trim next to concrete. I bordered every fence, flower bed, trees and added rear drive runners thinking I was eliminating some trimming. I still believe the concrete helps but hard on the String TrimmerâÂÂs line. The hard blade is my friend and does over 95% of the trimming. I basically moving backwards with it tilted at about a 45 degree cut almost at walking speed. IâÂÂm sure cutting at a 90 degree would be faster but the 45 allows me to trim about every 3rd cutting.

This North TX Heat and Drought is starting to affect the grass. Plus the water restriction with a system of twice week is on. The drought is worst than the restriction due to the Etc in the CityâÂÂs water.

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 2:15PM
zeuspaul(9b SoCal)

I trim (mow) about four acres. I used to use a three point metal blade for about ninety percent of it. Now I use serrated .158 Flexiblade string in a Jet Fit manual head for ninety percent of it.

I cut a pair of eleven inch strings and they last a tank full of gas in a Honda 35 cc 4 cycle trimmer.

Zeuspaul

Here is a link that might be useful: Flexiblade

This post was edited by zeuspaul on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 21:28

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™