Rose Rosette virus reading and pictures

henry_kuskaApril 16, 2014

See:

https://www.pinterest.com/sstallard0090/rose-rosette-disease/

Here is a link that might be useful: link to above

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

The Tulsa Rose garden, at one time one of the largest in the United States, has revised it's RRV fatality list from 1/2 of the roses infected last fall to 2/3 of the roses infected with this years new burst of spring growth. Even more roses (100%?) may be infected and eliminated from the garden. They will not replant display roses until some sort of viable solution is found. Until then it will be planted with other ornamentals. They have plans to be a test garden for resistant RRV roses, but I don't know if they will follow through with that. Ironically the initial large breakout of RRV started in a long hedge of Knockout roses. They have had small outbreaks off and on for years, and I remember confirming my first case of RRV back in 1988 with the park horticulturalist. Last year I lost more roses then usual myself. Currently I do not have plans to replace them either. The mites are carried on the wind, and if there is anything Oklahoma has in abundance it's wind. Sad to see over 3,000 roses destroyed at this once beautiful park by this disease..........Maryl

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 2:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
henry_kuska

This appeared in Sunday's Tulsa paper.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/tulsa-rose-garden-walloped-by-mite-borne-disease/image_f674c14c-6886-5f40-85d6-16c44cb15792.html

Here is a link that might be useful: link for above

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Soaking a bareroot rose?
I've been wondering about the best way to prepare a...
sara_ann-z6bok
DA Coupon codes
Hi, I have the following coupon code and was wondering...
annofpa zone 6b
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
Black Gold Natural Organic Fertilizer?
Has anyone used this with positive results? I usually...
alana8asc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™