TB 144 4 cycle new carb doesn't prime

mvronJuly 22, 2014

I installed a new carb on this troy bilt culivator. was wondering why it dosen't prime. I'm sure I got the correct fuel lines from the tank to the carb. Thanks for ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mvron

I should have thought about this before - the fuel line in the tank was broken. Put a new fuel line in and I got the bulb to prime. Still doesn't start however. Haven't checked for spark and I do have the "-" set to on position. Ideas. The tiller did run with the old carb - but badly.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 6:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chas045(7b)

When I replaced tubing on a primer bulb carb, I used what I thought was common sense, but I turned out to be wrong. Fortunately Loger had a nice diagram for a similar unit. My primer bulb PULLS fuel through the carb by sucking fuel directly from tank to carb and then onto bulb and back into tank. Did you actually mark the lines and ports, or have a diagram?

BTW: re your other post; I have a Troy Built Horse but still couldn't figure out what a TB 144 was. Young people with less experience, and old folks like me with missing brains shouldn't have to deal with an ever increasing pile of undefined initials. By the way, BTW means 'by the way'. Yes, I know you knew that.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™