Attachment compatibility with Stihl power head

tom_g_dcJuly 30, 2013

Hi, I'm planning to invest in a power head and several attachments. I'm leaning toward the Stihl KM 110 power head based on good reviews and the fact that the local dealer is close by and I like them. But some of the attachments are quite a bit less expensive from other vendors so for the ones I expect to use only a few times a year I thought I might go that way (for example, for the hedge trimmer attachment). I've seen some people describe using different attachments on different heads but do they work well or is it really kludgey?

Specifically, will Echo PAS, Poulan Pro, and/or Craftsman brand attachments usually fit a Stihl? Is there any significant downside to mixing and matching?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
the_0utsider

Im sure poulan/ryobi/sears or echo will not fit a stihl.
My dad has a ryobi. Motorwise is fine. While it saves you money and storage space, it is pretty heavy relative to individual.
Also, i tried his hedge trimmer attachment - it is alot heavier than my homelite hedge trimmer. Lastly, the blower is lacking.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 10:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodgeman

I have a KM 90. I bought it specifically because my old Ryobi hedge trimmer attachment grenaded and I wanted something that would stand up better. I run the Stihl articulating hedge trimmer with the carbon fiber extension shaft as needed.

My old Ryobi cultivator and line trimmer fit and work reasonably well with the Stihl powerhead. The OD on the attachments fit perfectly with the ID on the motor. Thedrive cable engages and works just fine. That said, as budget permits I will replace my older attachments with Stihl equivalents. I keep my line trimmer on my 2-stroke Ryobi head, but the cultivator always goes on the Stihl now.

The Stihl has tons more torque than the Ryobi - I had every intention of getting a 130 or 110 but the 90 was in stock and I haven't been disappointed in the last two years. Good Luck.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
Honda Snowblower will not move in neutral
Hi everybody, I am a newbie to this forum. My Honda...
buttonperson
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™