jammed nail gun

msjay2u(7)July 4, 2011

I have a porter cable FN-250B finish nailer and I am so frigging frustrated. I have had it for about 4 years and never had a problem with it. I took it out this time and first it was shooting double nails, then nothing. I came in the house and looked the manual up. I realized I forgot to oil it so I used the oil that came with it and put it in the back where the line goes. I opened the magazine and there was a nail jammed in it. I took it out and every 5 nails it jammed again. I am not sure what the heck is going on. The manual says to clean the magazine but does not tell you how. The nails were purchased last year but I don't think they are bad. It is their own brand of nails. The manual also says to tighten screws but they are so fricking tight they would not move. Any ideas? A 3 hour project has taken me all day long and I can not even begin to tell you how frustrated I am!!

Thank you for your help

Here is a link that might be useful: a link to the manual

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

I can feel your pain. The answer for me was to go to Harbor Freight and buy backup guns. I know they are junk but at least I can finish a project before I have to repair a nail gun. My better guns are lighter and more user friendly, but they are still a headache if they are broken or jammed and there is still work to be done.

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 11:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msjay2u(7)

I really think there has to be a way to fix it

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 1:29AM
More Discussions
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™