Stihl 015L chainsaw

PatSeaJuly 20, 2012

I just bought an old Stihl 015L chainsaw for use around my yard. The engine runs very well, but I've had to fix a few items as was expected. The chain oiler wasn't working so I took the whole oil pump/tubing assembly apart and blew the crud out of the rubber tubes and now it works fine. Somehow I managed to strip the threads on the nut that holds the clutch assembly to the driveshaft. The carrier that is stripped is part no. 1116 162 0800. Does anyone have one of these or know where I can buy one off the internet? I have not tried the Stihl dealer but from the comments on-line it sounds like parts are no longer available from Stihl. Is there an alternate clutch assembly that will work on this saw?

Thanks for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Please send a pic of the needed part showing it in-place where it fits. Is it a left hand thread or unknown thread or etc before I see the Pic?

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:29PM
txtom50(8a texas)

Here's a link to a parts site I picked up on this forum some time ago. It's not an easy site to use. You might try doing a Google advanced search on the site with the part number you have as a place to start.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chainsawr

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 6:09AM
txtom50(8a texas)

Had a little more time to look myself this morning and looks like Chainsawr is sold out on your part. Maybe someone else can direct you to an online source. I sure wouldn't overlook the local Stihl dealers though.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 6:24AM
loger_gw

Did anyone see a link/Pic to the part needed? Is it something a Machine Shop or individuals can repair with Heli-Coils or inserts?

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 12:28PM
andyma_gw

Uhhmm, If I remember right, that is a left handed nut. The threads on the crank shaft are pretty big. At least they are on my 041 Farmboss. I would go to a shop and see if they can get you a few of the proper size nuts. Check the threads for burrs and such. Remove the burrs gently with a 3 corner file.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 5:54PM
PatSea

I was able to buy a used clutch on Ebay for less than $10 and it works fine. Thanks to all for your help.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:43AM
ewalk

If Scott at the chainsawr site is out of stock and Ebay is a no go then any local Machine shop can usually reverse engineer these parts also at a nominal charge .

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™