Parts for a very old Troy Built rototiller

mickey999July 3, 2008

Hi;

I have a very old (1970's)? Troy Built Horse rototiller. I need to find tine saft oil seals. Can anyone help me? Also any advice on how to get the old ones off. thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shortlid(Derry, NH)

Even if Troy does not have it you can compare them to a industrial supply house and get the best matching oil reisistant seals.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 9:04PM
ccecilm(6)

Call Bill Rodgers @ Valley Power Products (1-800-609-5110). He stocks most all repair parts for the vintage Troy-Bilt tillers.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 6:33AM
dewaynep

NAPA has them. They are part number 704081 and cost about $5.00 each.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 12:33PM
onegbook_aol_com

Im looking for a kohler engine for a 1970's Troy Built Roto Power Tiller Horse Model mk 1617

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 5:19PM
bobby_tiller

the serial number stamp in my troy bilt tiller is 172017, i have not been able to find any info for this, could someone please help, thank you for any help

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 12:00PM
davevb

http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp?BrandCode=10001

this link should bring you to the Manuals download page. If you have you model and serial number you can download the whole thing with parts list. Model and serial are on a small extension of the drive case housing on the passengers side, right next to the tire.
My manual doesn't list part numbers in a breakdown, but as they take you thru fixing common problems (its a 120 page manual) they list the part numbers in the paragraph. From that you can cross reference to a MTD # or I got belts from NAPA with that number. I am new to this machine, but so far loving every minute of it.

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 4:49PM
sdoyle_mullet_yahoo_com

I have a wizard-western auto supply company tiller. Model number GIS 212OA28 and serial number 2049C1 639. Looking at modle number, this tiller is a toro product. The pulleys and the keyways are fine. The problem is the gear drive contained in the plastic housing that drives the wheels. I take it is a gear drive, but i guess it could be a chain drive. Something broke inside platic housing that looks like it is riveted together. Has anyone ever taken this out and removed rivets and then bolted it back together after finding out what the problems is. Has anyone had a problem like this and what did you find it to be. Wish it wasted a composite housing. let me know thanks.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 10:21AM
hat1047_yahoo_com

I have a troy bilt horse tiller model #12059
I need a starter.
But my main problem is when I engage the tines, it makes a loud noise, what is this problem. It only does it when tines are engaged. Where can I find replacement for the problem.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 5:56PM
vlapeyeo_hotmail_com

What weight of gear oil goes in my 5-HP Troy Built?

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 12:00AM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

140 wt or 80-90 Thing is don't use gear oil with sulfur. If use 140 you need warm oil when cool weather by just running tines out dirt for few minutes if go right in dirt it put strain on motor and belt. If use oil with sulfur Bronze gears turn soft and wear.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 1:21AM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Honda Snowblower will not move in neutral
Hi everybody, I am a newbie to this forum. My Honda...
buttonperson
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™