I'm looking for a good garden hose

joannpalmyraJuly 17, 2010

I HAVE HAD IT!

- with hoses that kink, flatten, and tangle with the slightest change in the wind.

Is there such a thing as a kink-less hose? One that will not retain the twisty-turny form taken when rolled up on the hose caddy? One that WILL retain its intended hollow tube shape?

It's really becoming a problem - I've started biting my nails again from the stress!

Help?

~JoAnn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joannpalmyra

I found a thread on the same topic - the second search. *sigh*

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 10:14PM
dmullen(Southern CA)

I gave up on the big box stores and looked at the commercial, 3/4" rubber hoses available here at a rock and block company and other commercial businesses. They last for many many years, do not kink and always wind up on my caddies with no curves from memory of the hose. They are not cheap but worth every penny of the difference in cost.

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 11:44PM
wlburgess(7)

Not sure if you found one, but if your a Sam's club member they have a very nice 120 foot hose for 25 bucks. Very thick with the nice brass fittings on the end.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 11:05PM
ewalk

JoAnn: You Get What You Pay For when it comes to Garden Hoses. To have all the Bells & Whistles pay a better PRICE ! I have over 5 Acres of Rural Property and Utilise Gareden Hose Routinely . I have to deal with Hot Summers and Cold Falls (Great White North). I would think if you pay $1.00 / Linear Ft. You won't have any Complants!

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 10:24PM
rcmoser

Got Rubber? Get Rubber! STAY-A-FROM-VINLY. Noth'en better than rubber on your hose.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 10:13PM
bryansong

I hear you on the crummy hoses. Finally, a few years back I went to Sears and bought 2 100' black rubber hoses. I bought a hose reel at Westlake Hardware and am happy with the results. Don't drink out of it as it taste like rubber.

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™