Husqvarna Trimmer Collar Guard

stillstupidAugust 10, 2012

I've been searching everywhere to find a replacement part for my Husqvarna 325RX gas powered trimmer. I broke the collar guard (not grass guard) that prevents long strands of grass from being pulled into the upper portion of spinning head. Without it the long grass feeds right in to wrap around the head and jam it from spinning. Is there anyone who might know what I'm referring to and where I can find a replacement? I've been through a lot of part site searches and can find all manner of parts for my trimmer, except for the collar guard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

1. Please post a picture of where the guard fits on the trimmer.

2. Please post a link showing the part.

3. Do you have local dealers or small engine shops that c/n help finding the part?

4. It sounds like it should be a minor part that I am not visualizing.

5. Is it a part that w/n come w/o ordering a major repair kit? That's Needed Used??

    Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 1:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Loger - About a week ago you responded to my plea for help finding what I referred to as a Husqvarna Trimmer Collar Guard. Thanks for replying, took me a bit to coordinate the tech necessary to get the photo that's attached to this message, but I've finally figured it out. You also asked for a link showing the part. Unfortunately that's the problem. I can't seem to find the part anywhere. Doesn't help much either not knowing the proper name for the part. When you view the photo I've attached, perhaps you'll know the correct term to identify the part that I have tinted red and thereby enable me to search for it successfully. Again thanks for your help. Still Stupid

    Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 1:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The part you want is 537046401 Grass Protector which sells all of the internet for about $5.00. E-Replacement, Parts-Tree, Norwalk Power, and others all have it for sale. Try a Google search with this p/n.

    Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 1:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

ggoyeneche, That Is Excellent Help, Thanks! My question is, did the attached pic help you to know the needed part? With that info and diagram, the parts shows to be a few blocs at my local parts shop. Otherwise I had no idea of what part was needed. "Again & Again, A Pic Is Worth A 1000 Words"!! Especially when you can send one or some after getting the hang of the process. I send too many weekly just to share and stay in practice or it gets Fuzzy Again.

My next goal would be to make or find the part with stainless sheetmetal if breaking is an issue and worth the time.

    Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 6:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

How long did the original last. If a couple years or more, buy two or three pieces to save shipping cost and just replace when needed. The part is only $4.50 to $5.00.

    Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 11:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

ggoyeneche - Thanks for responding with the part number. Much obliged.

    Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 1:09AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
1983 troy-bilt cultivator plus wheels
Read with great interest all the posts so far for the...
What locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs Quantum Edge Engine?
I wanted to see what locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs...
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Clarification
I've seen similar postings, but wanted to make sure...
MTD 8HP SnowBlower
I have an MTD 8hp SnowBlower Mod # 317E640F352. The...
Jeffery Smith
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™