Kohler 22.5 hHP model CV22

donholtzApril 1, 2012

Mice got into my Craftsman/Kohler Command engine over the winter, not sure if this is what caused my problem. Anyone help me determine why gas is not getting from Fuel Filter to Carberator? Replaced fuel filter, that's not the problem. The part called Pump Fuel Pulse, is an odd little component that I don't understand.. It's self contained and has an input hose from the fuel filter and another input from the engine. The output goes to Carb. Im wondering if the 2nd input hose from the engine, which may be to produce a vacum, is dirty or clogged from the mice? I can start the engine with squirts of starter fluid, but it does not continue to run, becuase no gas is getting feed into Carb.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

Call it a Pulse fuel pump and it'll probably make more sense.

Crankcase "pulses" from the pistons going back & forth cause "pulses" that move a diaphragm back & forth in the fuel pump.
The "input" hose is from the tank and the "output" is to the fuel filter/carb.

The hose from the crankcase is the pulse hose.

I doubt if mice caused a problem there unless they ate through one of the hoses.
IF the pulse hose is old & cracked, it can leak and not deliver a strong enough vacuum/pressure pulse to the pump.
Hole in fuel line to the tank can suck air instead of fuel.

OR maybe you simply need a new fuel pump?

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 5:22AM
clinchvalley(5)

I've got an issue with my Kohler CV22 also. Just replaced fuel filter, oil and oil filter, air filter, spark plugs. Forgot to change/remove gas last fall. Now it will turn over okay but will not "fire". Thought it might be the backfire solenoid, but took that out and it works fine. Also cleaned and checked the carb and it is okay. Ideas?

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 1:29PM
clinchvalley(5)

Disregard my post above, got the problem solved. Turned out to be a cracked/split pressure hose to the fuel pump. Replaced and now everything is okay.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have a Craftsman riding mower that the manual clutch...
cowgirlrose55
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
Tractor starter-wrong rotation.
As I have been known locally as a lawn tractor fixer,...
rustyj14
Can you identify this Muffler?
I obtained this muffler a while ago, but have no idea...
rodco
Snapper Riding Lawn Mower Wiring Diagram
I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for a Snapper Rear...
byrondallas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™