Husqvarna is really a Poulan????

zoulasAugust 17, 2009

I have been reading this in many threads on this site regarding the chainsaws specifically. When I was at Lowes yesterday, they had four Husky's on display ranging from $250-$450. I looked at the decal on the side and they all said 'Made in Sweden.' Are some people circulating bad information on this site?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rdaystrom

Husqvarna definitely owns Poulan. I'm sure they still make some of their original good quality stuff in Sweden. Husqvarna bought Poulan. I know because I have been to the plant in Nashville, Arkansas. For many years it was Poulan. Now it is Husqvarna. Just like in the mower line they probably have lower price/quality units as well as the good stuff for more money. Husqvarna also bought out AYP and makes mowers for Sears. Husqvarna mowers look suspiciously like AYP stuff.
Only Husqvarna knows how much of which product is made where. They are a huge company and are worldwide.

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 9:19AM
canguy(British Columbia)

Husqvarna is now the largest manufacturer of lawn, garden, and forestry equipment in the world. The parent company, Electrolux AB, spun off all their outdoor power equipment lines under the Husky umbrella. They include Poulan/Weedeater, AYP, McCulloch, RedMax and others.
BTW, MTD is no longer handling McCulloch in North America, Husqvarna bought the division and now owns it world wide. We are still buying parts for pre 2008 Mac product from MTD but the supply is starting to dry up.

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 10:02AM
ladylake(minnesota)

I believe the 1 series Husky are the same as a Poulan. Steve

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 8:14PM
canguy(British Columbia)

That is correct

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 11:51PM
rdaystrom

zoulas, The husqvarna saws at Lowe's do nmot say made in Sweden. They have a badge that states the company name. If you keep looking there is a sticker that says....assembled in USA. AKA....Poulan plant

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 3:30PM
masiman(z7 VA)

They have a badge that states the company name. If you keep looking there is a sticker that says....assembled in USA. AKA....Poulan plant

...From cheaper parts they contracted from wherever

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 3:47PM
zoulas

Made In Sweden. I did not read it incorrectly, I did not see it incorrectly, I did not write it incorrectly. If I have to take a picture and email it to everyone, I will.

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 5:18PM
masiman(z7 VA)

Probably more appropriate to ask which model(s) you saw that said made/assembled in Sweden.

In any case, country of assembly is not as important as the quality of the saw although country of assembly may indicate quality level.

Are you only interested in saw provenance or are you looking for a saw?

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 7:55PM
rdaystrom

There may be some of both for sure. The saws I looked at said assembled in USA. The fact is that the Poulan plant is now the Husqvarna plant in Nashville Arkansas. In fact the address is: Husqvarna Outdoor Products, 1 Poulan Drive, Nashville, AR 71852

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 9:49PM
lawnslayer63

So now my Poulan "wild thing" that never ever ran very good is now a Husqvarna "wild thing"? Just doesn't have the same zing to it, does it?

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 10:17PM
canguy(British Columbia)

Home Depot is carrying the 345 and 350 models which are made in Sweden. They are very decent home owner saws. The 142 (which IMHO is overweight and cranky like my wife) at HD is a re badged Poulan

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
Backpack Leaf Blowers
I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers,...
OutdoorGuy1
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
Sponsored Products
Grayed Jade Ovo Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Fermob | Sixties Low Table
YLiving.com
Zuo Heywood Triple Natural Wood Bench
Euro Style Lighting
Nantucket Self-watering Window Planter
Grandin Road
Rosso Amarone BV07 - Red Wine Glass Set - Bottega Del Vino Crystal
$108.00 | HORNE