DR vs MacKissic Chipper/Shredders

maizenbluedoc(8 SC)August 25, 2010

I had posted earlier on this subject, but did not receive any feedback from anyone owning either of these machines. I plan to buy one of the two before months end. I would appreciate any input by owners of either machine. My choices are the DR 12 Hp 1650 FTP and the MacKissic SC1650E. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

I'm not familiar with the DR and my Mac is a 6.5HP model. I would say they are both well built, so it comes down to preferences. When I bought mine, the chute seemed adequate and the 3" chipper feed seemed good. I now wish I had spent the extra few hundred and gotten the larger model. The hopper would have been larger and less prone to feeding clogs. But for how much I use it, I can be satisfied with the smaller one.

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 11:20AM
den69rs96(z6CT)

I have a mackissic 12pt10 and it is a great machine. I believe it is the next model down from the one your looking at. Its well built and I've had zero problems with it in the 4 years I've owned it. I checked DR website and the dr model you looked at can only chip 3.5 inch branches which is what my 12pt10 can chip. The SC1650E chips 4 inch branches, so if it were me I'd go with the Mac. Seems you get a little more engine and a little more capacity for the money.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 9:22AM
maizenbluedoc(8 SC)

I purchased the DR 12hpchipper/shredder and the same day I ordered the machine they discontinued the chipper/shredders with the exception of one smaller hp unit. I also contacted DR inquiring if MacKissic manufactured the machines for them. I was told that MacKissic does manufacture the machines for DR. This was quite obvious by viewing the pictures. The only reason I bought the DR vs the MacKissic was because I paid $3674 for the DR and the cheapest MacKissic I could get was for $3699. I also received a 3 year warranty on the DR vs a 2 year warranty for the MacKissic. Haven't used it yet as I am awaiting a cooler autumn here in SC.

Bookmark   September 20, 2010 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™