Yard Bug Internal Bagging System

Tom131(Washington State)April 8, 2012

Just inherited a Yard Bug Riding Mower, (Model 13B-325-401), Used only one summer. Excellent shape, kinda Fun! On the Grass Bag there is what the Manual calls a "Grass Fill Level Indicator". Mine only has the black rubber gromet, but no other functioning parts. The manual talks about a ball that drops as soon as the hopper is full (due to air flow). I know this thing is pretty cheap to buy, $13.66. The cut sheets show my gromet but no other working parts? Anybody got one of these? How is it configured? Does it really work?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Unfortunately, I own one. You'll come to know why I say "unfortunately" soon enough. I bought it new, and the grass fill level indicator never made any attempt to work. It wasn't a big deal to me - not worth taking the machine in for an attempted repair. The only other person I know who has a Yard Bug says his indicator never worked either.

    Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 9:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tom131(Washington State)

Thanks, Thats what I figured. I'm just going to sell mine. You mind if I ask what you paid new?

    Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 2:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

New, about 10 years ago was around $1,200. Not a very good investment.

    Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 2:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The "Grass Fill Level Indicator" is a yellow ping pong ball. However, you may use a white ping pong ball if you desire. The ball floats on a stream of air until the grass bin is full and then it settles down into the gromet located on top of the bin. There is a small window on the bug cover just in front of the seat to view the ball.

It's a very simple system and works very well.

    Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 5:27PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
transmission clean and do not overwork
I have a Dumb question about that phrase. Exactly what...
which is better Simplicity Broadmore 44" or Husqvarna GT48xlsi
I am about ready to order a new mower for my yard....
Looking at a John Deere X300 to purchase
I sold my Power Kraft (finally) after a persistent...
Just throwing this out there...
Been thinking of starting a Facebook page on small...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™