Hose End Sprayer

exmarAugust 7, 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to replace a Miracle Gro hose end sprayer that's gotta be over 30 years old. It has a nozzle that can be unscrewed revealing a garden hose connector. Nozzle is perfect for the wife's flowers, then remove it and connect a soaker hose for the garden. I can't find anything similar locally, Amazon has a few that are $10 or less and the reviews all talk about leaking. Personally, I hate to buy something knowing I have to immediately get busy with teflon tape or farbricate washers or both. Not sure why these leak? No moving parts, simple venturi with a pick up tube in a reservoir operated by water pressure.

There are fertilize mixer type things available, however they're designed for use with drip irrigation and "step 1" is to install a pressure regulator upstream so they only see a Max pressure of 22PSI, problem with that is soaker hoses want to see more pressure to operate effectively.

Guess I can see why Miracle Gro stopped making them if you only need to replace them every thirty years or so. :-)

Anyone know of a source for something similar?

Thanks for your time,

Ev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txtom50(8a texas)

The reviews on Walmart's website are equally bad. Looks like Scotts/Miracle Grow turned a good product into a real piece of junk. I have one of the older ones that had a cracked spray nozzle (over tightened it) and was able to repair it with some Loctite 2 part epoxy.

Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
Backpack Leaf Blowers
I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers,...
OutdoorGuy1
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™