homelite air filter

deano_2010August 21, 2012

Looking for an air filter for an old Homelite 550. Any idea who might have one? Looks very similar to a Homelite XL-12 filter. Are they interchangeable? Great old saw, goes through a 4' x 95' Torrey Pine like butter! Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

You may wish to consult the Chainsawr site for this part numerous older saw parts available .

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 11:03AM
loger_gw

Good Tip And Good To See Ewalk�s Info! I have been missing his tips and experience. I have been cutting my own foam filters for "small" engines for years (70s). This started when I finally found a foam equivalent to what I was seeing in Briggs mowers and Poulan S25 saws that could take the environment (heat/oil/etc) w/o deteriorating. Is this common to fit your own cut foam filter if it is working as well?

Seeing No Filter Kills Me!!

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 4:53PM
ewalk

Hey Loger good to see your still at it . Hows the heat in Texas , pretty muggy here 90 F yesterday . I agree you can find filter membrane at most Hvac Supply Stores locally that can me cut to fit in most cases.However Scott has most of what I need so I use him whenever I need a part source for older saws . Keep up the good work Loger .

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™