Geranium Patricia?

a2zmom(6a - nj)May 18, 2010

Anyone growing this? How long is the bloom period, height and width, floppy or not?

Also, I was thinking of pairing this with Lychniss coronaria (rose campion), but I'm afraid it might clash. Any thoughts? (My lychniss won't bloom for another few weeks and I'd like to get everything planted before them if possible.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coolplantsguy(z6 Ontario)

I had it in a previous garden for several years. It is a relatively big Geranium, approximately 3' in both height and width. Mine did not flop open, but some stems were obviously close to the ground. It is a relatively long-bloomer, but not as long as the infamous 'Rozanne'.

I'm no designer, but yes, I would agree that it would likely clash with the Lychnis, although the silver foliage would be cool. What about the white-flowered version?

I planted a newer version of this Geranium called 'Dragon Heart' last year -- can't wait to see it perform this year.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 6:45PM
a2zmom(6a - nj)

Thanks.

The lychniss is already there - it used to be next to my monch asters (which looked great together), but it moved itself through seeding. Maybe I'll go with Rozeanne, since I think that would look ok with the magenta blooms.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 7:17PM
wieslaw59

I consider it the most beautiful Geranium of all. It is selfsupporting,stays put, extremely long blooming time and totally covered with flowers. I have had it for ten years, unfortunately all the clumps died this winter.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
PSA: Please set up messaging feature in your profile!
Not sure if you guys are aware you are able to do this....
mxk3
hhibiscus propagation
how much time it takes for rooting airlayering of Hibiscus...
prasadmbd
liatris bulbs
I just bought bulbs. Can I start them in a pot now...
sorie6
Winterizing perennials?
Just moved into a new home with lots of established...
chaven
Before and After
By chance I came across this first photo just today....
rouge21_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™