moto mix

woodchuck1(6ny)August 29, 2011

STIHL MotoMix� combines premium high-octane gasoline with the superior protection of STIHL HP Ultra Oil to create a quality, premixed fuel mixture for your STIHL equipment. Now you can eliminate the hassle and mess of mixing your own oil and fuel mixture!

Plus, MotoMix� is ethanol-free, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken,

what are your thoughts do you think it is worth it ,and better than mixing your own

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

I would much rather use my regular gas (non ethanol) and use Sabre Synthetic Amsoil. Even if I had ethanol issues I would just treat the gas with Star*tron or any other premium ethanol fuel treatment.

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 4:48PM
lakesider_2007(7)

I have used Stihl Moto-Mix in my Stihl Blower, bought new and they extended the warranty by 2 years for using it. I thought about it, I don't use my weedwacker very often, so I started using it there also. I can say it starts easier, I don't have to worry about gas breakdown, so it was a winner for me.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 9:31PM
ewalk

Moto mix is just another overpriced dealer product . Actually high octane fuel is another waste for saw and blower usage . Regular octane rated fuel and premium oil is all that is required

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 3:46PM
andyma_gw

Hey, Ewalk, I'd rather use your ethanol free gas too. :D

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 6:07PM
ewalk

Roflmao Yep I bet you would too lol :) I,am just wondering when ethanol will hit the market up North here ?

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 7:34PM
rcmoser

how much do pre-mix dealer gas cost?? not that hard for me to get gallon jug gas and pour the two stroke mix in... That way I don't have to pay for the container and dealer mark-up each time I mix two stroke gas. Beings I'm not competing in world saw off competition (like top fuel dragsters) I don't need all the octane boost to cut through a log a milisecond speed!!!!. so regular gas works just fine for me!!

if I only used gallon of gas year and I didn't want to fool with mixing nor have the experience to mess with it might be good option for some people, but not me.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™