Little Wonder 2420 vs. B&D HH2450 - Hedge Trimmers

tcstoehrAugust 8, 2010

I've been looking for an electric hedge trimmer for the 150-foot long, 8-foot tall, 6-foot wide cedar hedge bordering one side of my property. I need power and at least a 24" bar. I like Stihl in general but I started reading about the Little Wonder hedge trimmers and became interested in those, despite the higher price. Then I stumbled upon the Black and Decker HH2450 (Hedge Hog) that sells for under $70 including shipping. What surprised me was that everybody raved up and down about how wonderful these things were. I even found a serious review site that rated the B&D HH2450 number one followed by the Little Wonder 2420. How can this possibly be? I would prefer to purchase "the last hedge trimmer I'll ever need". But this B&D unit seems incredibly popular at 1/5 of the price. Is the B&D unit really that good? Or will it burn out after a year or two? People say it cuts thru tough hedges like butter. Is it really up to par with Little Wonder?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

Definitely not. The Hedge Hog is o.k. for light consumer use but the Little Wonder is the tool of choice for the pros and rental yards.Of course the B&D will get more reviews because of the numbers. Most who use them don't know there are better products available and wouldn't pay the price if they did.

Bookmark   August 8, 2010 at 6:23PM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Anything made by Little Wonder is going to be top quality. And probably heavier. So keep that in mind when thinking about extending your arms over a wide hedge.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 5:57AM
tcstoehr

It took me some time but I gathered up all my strength and ordered a Little Wonder from my local tool rental place. When I buy things like this, I try to buy quality and durability. Something that I won't have to replace ever again.

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Honda Snowblower will not move in neutral
Hi everybody, I am a newbie to this forum. My Honda...
buttonperson
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™