Craftsman Platinum Mower model 917.376536 runs choked only?
What would cause a Craftsman Platinum Mower model 917.376536 to run choked only?
1. If I manually choke it vs it choking itself it runs as long as itÃ¢ÂÂs choked.
2. It appears something is missing that should cause it to choke, what would that be?
3. Running with the choke on is typically a sign of sucking air but from where with good fuel lines and carb connection?
4. We added fresh fuel with a little carb cleaner added but d/n run it over :10.
5. Fuel runs good with the bowlÃ¢ÂÂs float dropped, could it still be a swollen seat restricting fuel w/o chocking?
6. Any opinions?
This mower was on what I thought was a scrap metal collectorÃ¢ÂÂs truck that sat on the curb the last two nights. Seeing the owner, I asked if it ran and he said it did and just stopped. I asked if he wanted to donate it and he replied no due to the 400.00+ he said it cost and would like to get it repaired. Seeing the electric start self propel and Etc I felt it cost $400.00 + and could possibly be in warranty. After seeing how I could make it run, heÃ¢ÂÂs taking it back to Sears to see if they will help him.
Due to asking for it as a donation, I was embarrassed enough to do the quick troubleshooting and he is to let me know what Sears suggest or Etc..