Homelite weed eater wont stay running

r1013August 21, 2010

I have a Homelite wwedeater thats two years old. A few weeks ago when I cranked it, it ran for about 10 mins and then died.

Everytime I recranked it, it would run for about 10-20 secs and then die. It last longer with the choke on half and wont crank at all unless the choke is on full.

The first thing I did two weeks ago, was to check the air filter and it was ok. I then pulled out the fuel lines and blew through them and they were fine. I checked the gas tank and it is also clean.

This morning I rebuilt and cleaned the the carburetor with a kit. One of the gaskets was really hard and the screen filter was completely clogged. All that is as good as new now.

I tried running it again and it the same thing???

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
r1013

I also took off the muffler and checked it because dirt dobbers had built a nest in there last year, but this time it was all clean.

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 5:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

rl: Your going to have to buy some concentrated fuel cleaner , Put some in the fuel tank (1 ounce) also spray some in the carb circuits (remove the jets) and flush them
out with the spray . Carb kit alone will not remove the
internal gum and varnish . Use Stabil next time .

Note: If you unit has a vented gas cap ensure you can blow through it (not plugged) .

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 7:31AM
More Discussions
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
1983 troy-bilt cultivator plus wheels
Read with great interest all the posts so far for the...
rayleman
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™