Toro Personal Pace RWD gear box bearing replacement, Tips Needed!
IÃ¢ÂÂm out of my comfort zone helping a neighbor. His Toro Personal Pace RWD (d/n get his model #) runs good but the self propel has failed. Plus, wheels will not freewheel backwards. The gear box was basically empty.
My observations and questions:
1. The large bearing in the gear box is very stiff vs free. Is that probably his problem with both issues?
2. He has purchased the bearing. Old large bearing looked sealed vs grease for drive gears??
3. Will the bearings simply drive out and in with a socket (with resistance as I noticed and stopped)??
4. Should a Zerk be add if holding grease is an issue (or remind him to rem 4 screws and pack?
5. Do I seem to be on the right track and what else would you recommend??
This is more than I had planned to be Recruited For! LOL. Even for a good Walking Partner.