help identifying tiller

afuzzy420August 31, 2013

I have a old tiller i bought a while back and this year i broke the carburetor off of it.To replace the carb i need to know what engine is on it.It says garden way on the base of the handle bars and has a serial number on the chasis above the right wheel.i was told it was a troy built but an old one like late 70's early 80's...theres no numbers stamped any where on the motor.i can give more pics if needed.Our local shops haven't been any help, they keep telling me they need to know what engine is on it.Any help would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ggoyeneche

Your tiller is in fact a Troy-Bilt, probably late 1970's vintage. Engine is a Tecumseh HH60. Although Tecumseh has gone out of business, a lot of parts are still available through the trade and on Ebay.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 10:57PM
afuzzy420

thank you, this has been an adventure to find out what you just told me.It's a great tiller don't think they make them like this anymore.I was scared i wouldn't be able to fix it...Can you tell me by chance where i can get a manual for this beast?

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 12:54AM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Because your tiller is PTO model and electric start it would been in 1980's you need to join yahoo troybilt tiller group Bill Roger owner of group has dealer ship and can supply all info you need site has photo and files on tiller. I have 5 old troybilt tillers. Your serial number tell more about tiller number on transmission case above right tire (not cover).

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 5:57AM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

You will easily find a carb for this. That's why I have the bumper on mine.

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 9:31PM
tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)

Definitely TroyBuilt. I have a 5hp horse, pull start ~ 1982?

The bumper probably saves the carb from some mishaps, also required to install the 3' dozer/snow blade.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 6:54AM
More Discussions
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™