How many trouble free seasons with hydraulic splitter
1. How many trouble free seasons have you had with your hydraulic log splitter's hydraulic system?
2. I'm still amazed at the number of good comments on splitting mauls and manual splitters after 20/30 years.
3. My hydraulics sys given to me is 1 HP electric vs gas, I feel they are about equal with my 3 yrs use.
4. Are electric splitters referred over hydraulics, electric motors driving pump and cyl vs screw driven?
5. I do admit I had started paying for some splitting labor and cutting wood smaller before the splitter.
6. Over the yrs I tried reduction screw driven cones and hydraulic press type splitters that were too slow.
7. My next mod will be to add a filter in the system.
8. Hopefully you can help me ID what splitter this was before it was modified ( I h/n seen one close).
A. Main rail 4X4"sq X 4'+ w 1" pin rear cyl mounts welded, black splitter label side of orange sq.
B. Front adjustable splitting wedge w 1/4" handle 1" pin 24-22" to about 16-12" positions,
C. Cylinder 24"X4"X2"rod 1" pin mount on rear and rod, no cyl guide, 1 bolt cyl front mount
D. Wheels 2 small 6-8" rear mount black 16-18" w/axle/adapter for more height, one front 6" swivel, all too light and worn-out.
I feel at some point the splitter was manual hydraulic or lighter electric driven due to wt and balance.
Please help me (with links) to ID The Monster! It has been a 3 yr Work-Horse over my many past mauls. loger
PS. Photobucket Link w/n work!!